Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of Pull Request feedback in the Sourcetree GUI

Eric Lawson March 28, 2018

Hi,

I am testing Sourcetree interactions with our in-house Bitbucket server, uploading code into a repo and simulating code changes.

As part of this I have created a few pull requests.

Having already undertaken significant, similar testing using Visual Studio Professional 2015 (VSPro2015) with the Bitbucket Extension by Mistyk, I have to say I am disappointed with the Sourcetree GUI. 

1. Rather than a baked in GUI element for Pull Request creation, Sourcetree simply fires up a browser window into our Bitbucket Server account. The MiskyK extension in VSPro2015 has a very functional interface right within the GUI
  2. Once the Pull Request has been created essentially using the Bitbucket feature (prepopulated from Sourcetree), there does NOT appear to be any feedback to developers of that repo (including the author of the pull request) that there is a pull request on the branch. Of course I know I created it but I have to rely upon an email or check back in Bitbucket to track any changes to the status of the pull request.

So in regards to 2, have I got this wrong or are there really no indicators, alerts etc in Sourcetree? The only one I can see at the moment is a request to rate the product!

Overall I am very impressed with all the Atlassian products we are adopting (Confluence, Jira & Bitbucket) but this potential omission makes development version control via Sourcetree a poor cousin of Visual Studio Professional 2015 (who would have thought). 

Thanks

Eric

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2018

Hello! We don't currently have indicators in the UI for pull requests, but it's something on our roadmap for a future release. Thanks for the feedback!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events