Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcut for commit?

Joshua Muheim December 11, 2012

I like SourceTree, but I can't find any keyboard shortcut for commit. Is there one?

Thanks, Josh

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Hi Josh,

This is a repository action, so you can see the keyboard shortcut from the "Repository" menu "Commit All..." which is shift, cmd, and 'C'.

Cheers

Joshua Muheim December 11, 2012

Thank you! I only searched in the "Actions" menu.

David Rees January 27, 2013

Is there a shortcut to click the commit button in the commit dialog? It can't be enter since we are in the commit message text box.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

fn+return key will do it.

Like jawwad likes this
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Also Cmd-Return

Sampsa Lehtonen May 11, 2017

Why in earth did you go and change the behaviour of Ctrl+Shift+C from "Commit" to "Commit All"?!?!?

I'm used to pressing the combination to enter Commit screen. Now I've more than dozen times messed up carefully staged commits by the pressing the combination which simply stages everything without asking.

And because you cannot change the mapping, I'm kind of stranded, needing to often redo staging again.

In short: do not go and change the behaviour for shourtcuts unless you provide way to reconfigure.

Like mabl likes this
Jong-hoon Oh May 16, 2017

Having same trouble with ctrl+shift+c remapping to `commit all`. With v2 of SourceTree this does get frustrating when I press the keys I am used to and have all my staged status reset.

Like mabl likes this
0 votes
Ch umair Umair khan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 8, 2023

Explore your spacebar clicking skills with this interactive click speed test! Challenge yourself and see how rapidly you can hit the spacebar. Visit Spacebar Click Test now to measure your speed and precision. It's a fun way to enhance your clicking abilities!"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events