Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting "A new version of SourceTree is now avail..."

chadrickm June 20, 2013

I download the new file and run it and get the same screen each time. The installer (SourceTreeSetup_0.9.4.exe) gives me three options [Modify, Repair, Remove] and I've tried both Modify and Remove. After removing the app I Installed it again. It still tells me a new version exists each time I open it up. Feels like I'm stuck in Groundhog Day.

1 answer

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

Only the old version 0.9.2.3 has this prompt and it's meant to prompt you to move across to the new installer, which is the SourceTreeSetup_0.9.4.exe you have. If you have the 'Modify / Remove / Repair' prompt it means the new version is installed. However as the blog linked above points out, because of the installer tech change the new version installs in parallel with the old ClickOnce install, so probably the shortcut you're running is still the old one.

Please uninstall the old ClickOnce version as discussed in the blog and run the new version, the shortcut should be in Start Menu > Applications > Atlassian > SourceTree > SourceTree.exe

Apologies for the confusion, so far we haven't found a clean way to automatically uninstall the old ClickOnce system, but will try to improve that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events