Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump to latest commit in branch by clicking branch?

Brody Higgerson September 30, 2016

I'm fairly new to Git and SourceTree, so I apologize for my terminology. I had to update my SourceTree to the latest (1.8 -> 1.9.1 iirc) in order to gain the 'force push' checkbox, but in the process have seemingly lost a feature whose absence I am immediately feeling!

Previously, I was able to click on the name of a branch, like those in the following image, and SourceTree would jump to the latest commit for that branch. This was single-clicking, i.e. different to the double-click which would instead switch to that branch.

image2016-10-1 1:16:29.png

As you can see, origin/DistBuild is still highlighted, not origin/4.12, despite me selecting the latter in the branch list on the left. Is there a way to quickly jump to the latest commit for any of the branches (inc. in the following, where I've selected a local branch in the hope of jumping to it in the list, which also doesn't work anymore).

image2016-10-1 1:18:38.png

Any ideas? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2016

If the branch you are clicking is significantly old, then SourceTree may be taking a long time to navigate there.

SourceTree doesn't load all commits into the log view, just the X most recent. If you scroll to the end of those X, it loads some more. When you attempt to navigate directly to an old commit, SourceTree seems to go through the same process (load X, check if the target commit is included. if not, load another X). I don't know if SourceTree caps how many "pages" of commits it will load before giving up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events