Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while committing files back to Git repository

askdctm as February 15, 2016

Hi All,

When I try to commit files, back into git repository, all the files I have modified do not show up. It was working fine before. This is really becoming a problem. Settings etc are the same as before. I have tried restarting Sourcetree, my system etcc, but no luck.

Any thoughts/pointers on how to resolve this will be really helpful.Version 1.6.14.0 is the one I am using.

4 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2016

Hmm. I expected to see the filter at the top set to something other than "Pending", which should show any files that can be added or commited.

What happens if you open the terminal (using the Terminal button) and run a "git status" command?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2016

You have to add the modified files to the stage. Check "Unstaged files" and add the files you want to the stage before committing. Hope that is what you are after!

Hi Jobin,

The problem is I am unable to find the files under "Unstaged files" section.

0 votes

Hi Seth, 

Thank you for your reply. Screenshot as below. Not able to provide the complete screenshot, due to

certain restrictions. I usually select files from Unstaged files section and stage it. However, not all the files I am working on, shows up in the Unstaged files section.

Capture.PNG

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2016

Can you clarify what you mean by "the files I have modified do not show up"? Do they disappear from your working copy/file system? Are the modified files not being displayed as modified in SourceTree? If the latter, which view(s) in SourceTree are they missing from? A screenshot might be helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events