Is there an MSI-type installer available for SourceTree 2.0?

chrispollaro May 14, 2017

I upgraded, then quickly uninstalled after I saw the installer was a "One Click" installer.  Is there an MSI-type installer available for Windows that will let you select the installation location?

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2017

Hi Christopher, there's no MSI-type installer. Changing the location of the SourceTree config file is not currently possible. We have, however, a feature request to change the location of the installer to Program Files instead of AppData, and you can find it at SRCTREEWIN-7168. If you'd like you can vote for it, write a comment, or watch the ticket for updates.

Hope this helps!

Ana

Eric Kamal May 22, 2017

Hi Ana, does this mean there is no MSI GUID either for 2.0.20.1?

We can get the GUID for 1.8.3 which we try to upgrade due to the security alert.

Thanks

Eric

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2017

Hi Eric, that's correct, the newer versions won't include MSI either. There's a Feature request however, that you can find at SRCTREEWIN-6935 You can vote for it if you're interested or add a comment.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best regards,

Ana

Eric Kamal May 24, 2017

Hi Ana,

Thank you so much for your prompt feedback!

Where can we find the instructions on how to uninstall 2.0.20.1 Win using a CLI or tools like Altiris Deployment Server?

Cheers,

Eric

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events