Is there a way to change keyboard shortcuts in Sourcetree?

Tasch June 15, 2013

I would like to unbind the shortcut CTRL+ALT+F, because in my Hungarian keyboard layout this is the key for the "[" character which I need for my commit messages.

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2013

The shortcuts are not configurable at the moment, sorry!

Deleted user January 28, 2016

Slightly off-topic, but is there a list of the current (fixed) shortcuts anywhere?

Tim Kist March 21, 2016

+1! A list of shortcuts would be invaluable!

Sampsa Lehtonen May 11, 2017

Now that Atlassian has started to change the shortcut mappings when ever they decide, we need them to be configurable more than ever...

Recently Ctrl+Shift+C was remapped from "Commit" to "Commit All" which can ruin your staged commits (Who needs Commit all anyway if there is button for stage all?)

Like mabl likes this
1 vote
Tim Osborn August 25, 2014

+1!

Particularly looking for shortcuts for

• amend last commit
  • toggle whitespace
0 votes
Sergei Shir July 23, 2021

+1

0 votes
Declan Mahon July 31, 2019

please add, would improve user experience and speed

0 votes
Anthony Milano December 6, 2016

+1 :|

0 votes
Evgeny Goldin January 7, 2015

Would love to have it as well

0 votes
jdc0589 February 3, 2014

+1

This would be pretty valuable for people coming from other Git frontends. The gitextensions shortcuts are pretty solidly in my muscle memory at this point.

0 votes
Buka October 22, 2013

And is there going to be an option to remap the shortcut keys anytime soon? It messes with polish characters on windows too, ALT+O (opening git console) and ALT+L (doing nothing that I could notice, but still blocking the letter). I keep forgetting that, and the console opening up every time is really frustrating :|

0 votes
lime August 5, 2013

On my Mac I can use these instructions to remap keyboard shortcuts in any application.

I used it to remap the `Add` shortcut as my keyboard (scandinavian) doesn't have a `=` key.

I tried remapping another combination, and it does disable the old shorcut as well as add a new one. So you could map your conflicting menu item to something obscure like CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+Ö. ;)

Sadly, I don't know how to do the same on Windows .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events