Is there a New Repository->"Scan Directory..." feature in the Souretree Windows client (like the feature available in the Mac OS client)?

Enrico Ladendorf January 23, 2017

Is there a New Repository->"Scan Directory..." feature in the Souretree Windows client? This feature is available in the Mac OS client, but it doesn't appear to be available in the Windows client.  

3 answers

0 votes
robmerrick181 January 17, 2019

I'm not aware of a Scan Directory feature for the Windows client, but there's a work-around that I use to get around this issue. Open a new tab, then select the "All Repos" folder. From here, you can drag and drop multiple git folders from a File Explorer window into the bookmarks region. When you have all of the repo folders that you want added as bookmarks, hit the Refresh button to make sure that Sourcetree is able to successfully link to each folder location. It's not as good as an automatic feature, but it does speed up the process from having to manually add in each repository one by one.

0 votes
Enrico Ladendorf March 3, 2017

The "Scan Directory" feature scans the chosen directory for multiple instances git repositories to add to Sourcetree.  This provides the convenience of not having to add each repo individually to Sourcetree.  The feature appears to be missing from the Windows client.

0 votes
Seth January 24, 2017

I don't know, what does "Scan Directory" do, specifically?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events