Is it possible to view all files at a given commit and not just the ones that were changed?

Bjarne Svanberg June 1, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Viewing Log/History of a Repository

Is it possible to view all the files as they were at a given commit and not just the files that were changed? I would like to be able to have a treeview of the files available at every single commit, just like git-extensions have in their "File tree" pane when browsing a repository.

Best Regards

Bjarne

1 answer

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2016

Yes.  In the pul-down menu in the upper left corner (it probably says something like "Pending files, sorted by file status") select "all Files" (and perhaps "sorted by path", if you like)

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 9.29.31 AM.png

Bjarne Svanberg June 1, 2016

What you describe only shows all files for the currently checked out branch.

I want to see all the files (at the bottom arrow) at any given commit when I select a commit from the history (top arrow). See screen shot:

Source tree screen shot.jpg

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

Just check out the commit.  Then go to the File Status screen.

Bjarne Svanberg June 2, 2016

I know that it is possible, but it makes for a very cumbersome workflow if you are looking for something specific.

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2016

I think it's the best you can do.  As far as I know, the bottom of the History tab is always going to just show the diff between commits.

Theoretically if you had an initial commit that was (mostly) empty you could do a multi-select to compare a given commit with that empty commit, which should give you a pretty comprehensive list of the files - but that seems a bit kludgey.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events