Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to push a tag to second remote?

Rich Schmitt September 25, 2014

We are trying to keep remotes in sync.  If I create a tag in SourceTree, I can tell it to push it to a remote.  But, if I then want to push it to a second remote, I don't seem the have the ability.  The create tag dialog believes the tag is already created (yes it is), so it will not let me create it for the second remote.

The push dialog only lets me push branches.

I'm assuming SourceTree just doesn't support this but I'm looking for confirmation.

Rich

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2014

At the bottom of the push dialog, you have the option to "push all tags". Have you tried that?

Rich Schmitt September 25, 2014

No, for one, I don't want to push all tags.  But more importantly, I can't push anything if I don't want to push a branch.  And I don't want to push a branch.  I actually want to push just the tag and history to that tag.  I do not want to push a branch head.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2014

Yeah, SourceTree does not make pushing tags very easy/flexible. For now you may have to use command line/terminal. You might check http://jira.atlassian.com to see if there are any relevant bug reports or feature requests.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events