Is SourceTree for commercial use for free?

Piotr Matusiak October 27, 2016

Hi,

Could you please confirm for me if Source Tree software is fully open-source and free for commercial use.

I know there was same question in 2013 on forum but I want to confirm if still valid.

I cannot find EULA for SourceTree anywhere

Please let me know asap

KR,

Piotr 

2 answers

2 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2016

SourceTree is closed-source.

SourceTree is completely free for any use. You must register SourceTree with a free Atlassian account.

Previous question/answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/154537

The answerer of that question (Steve Streeting) is Atlassian staff: https://developer.atlassian.com/blog/authors/sstreeting/

0 votes
MonteChristo December 15, 2016

I am sure Seth knows what he is talking about, but having an authority from Atlassian confirm this would be very helpful and much appreciated, especially since the most pertinent Google search result is marked as outdated without a link to up-to-date info.

SourceTree License For Corporate Usage

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2016

Yeah, that's outdated because you can no longer generate corporate keys in that way. To obtain a license for SourceTree, you must log in with an Atlassian ID during installation.

As I said before, SourceTree is completely free for any use. This has been asked and answered on this site possibly hundreds of times. This site is a community Q&A that is hosted by Atlassian, so you shouldn't expect to receive an "official" answer, although Atlassian staff does answer sometimes.

I've added some links to my original answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events