Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SourceTree compliant with US FIPS 140-2? Is there 3rd party software in bundle?

Jack O'Connor November 20, 2018

My company is considering using SourceTree but I need some answers to some security questions.  I hope someone out there can help me out.

1) Is the software compliant with Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2?

2) Is any third party software bundled with the software?

3) Can the software export security related audit trails to external collection systems, such as syslog or ArcSight?

5) Are user accounts required or optional?

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2018

Hi

I can provide some basic answers

1) We do not check Sourcetree for compliance to standards such as FIPS, so while we don't know the assumption would probably be no.

2) Sourcetree for Windows bundles Git and Hg installs along with some Git and Hg extensions and we make use of 3rd party open source components.

3) Sourcetree doesn't provide any external logging other than debug style logging to %localappdata%/Atlassian/Sourcetree/sourcetree.log and whatever might be configured in Git or Mercurial

4) We do require a Bitbucket account for registration purposes, but there is then no requirement to associate that account with repositories opened in Sourcetree

I hope this helps.

Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events