Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is SourceTree compliant with US FIPS 140-2? Is there 3rd party software in bundle?

My company is considering using SourceTree but I need some answers to some security questions.  I hope someone out there can help me out.

1) Is the software compliant with Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2?

2) Is any third party software bundled with the software?

3) Can the software export security related audit trails to external collection systems, such as syslog or ArcSight?

5) Are user accounts required or optional?

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Dec 04, 2018

Hi

I can provide some basic answers

1) We do not check Sourcetree for compliance to standards such as FIPS, so while we don't know the assumption would probably be no.

2) Sourcetree for Windows bundles Git and Hg installs along with some Git and Hg extensions and we make use of 3rd party open source components.

3) Sourcetree doesn't provide any external logging other than debug style logging to %localappdata%/Atlassian/Sourcetree/sourcetree.log and whatever might be configured in Git or Mercurial

4) We do require a Bitbucket account for registration purposes, but there is then no requirement to associate that account with repositories opened in Sourcetree

I hope this helps.

Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

3,247 views 4 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you