My company is considering using SourceTree but I need some answers to some security questions. I hope someone out there can help me out.
1) Is the software compliant with Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2?
2) Is any third party software bundled with the software?
3) Can the software export security related audit trails to external collection systems, such as syslog or ArcSight?
5) Are user accounts required or optional?
I can provide some basic answers
1) We do not check Sourcetree for compliance to standards such as FIPS, so while we don't know the assumption would probably be no.
2) Sourcetree for Windows bundles Git and Hg installs along with some Git and Hg extensions and we make use of 3rd party open source components.
3) Sourcetree doesn't provide any external logging other than debug style logging to %localappdata%/Atlassian/Sourcetree/sourcetree.log and whatever might be configured in Git or Mercurial
4) We do require a Bitbucket account for registration purposes, but there is then no requirement to associate that account with repositories opened in Sourcetree
I hope this helps.
Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events