Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is SourceTree compliant with US FIPS 140-2? Is there 3rd party software in bundle?

My company is considering using SourceTree but I need some answers to some security questions.  I hope someone out there can help me out.

1) Is the software compliant with Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2?

2) Is any third party software bundled with the software?

3) Can the software export security related audit trails to external collection systems, such as syslog or ArcSight?

5) Are user accounts required or optional?

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Dec 04, 2018

Hi

I can provide some basic answers

1) We do not check Sourcetree for compliance to standards such as FIPS, so while we don't know the assumption would probably be no.

2) Sourcetree for Windows bundles Git and Hg installs along with some Git and Hg extensions and we make use of 3rd party open source components.

3) Sourcetree doesn't provide any external logging other than debug style logging to %localappdata%/Atlassian/Sourcetree/sourcetree.log and whatever might be configured in Git or Mercurial

4) We do require a Bitbucket account for registration purposes, but there is then no requirement to associate that account with repositories opened in Sourcetree

I hope this helps.

Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,999 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you