Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive rebase. i.e. git rebase -i

Prakash Nadar November 10, 2011

Not sure sourcetree already supports it or the feature does not exist right now. If not, just wondered if you plan to add that feature.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2011

Not yet - we only support standard rebasing right now, so no squashing etc. I have an item for future development labelled 'history editing', which for Git would be rebase -i and for Mercurial will probably be MQ or the record extension. It's fair to say this isn't a top priority though since it's obviously dangerous in the wrong hands, so it's as much about making the effects super-clear as simply supporting the mechanism - in a way it's safer for only the more experienced command-line jockeys to be using it for the moment.

Prakash Nadar November 10, 2011

I have been using GitX, commandline and Smartgit combo for different things, right now it is mostly SourceTree and commandline. My last commandline that I regularly use is the git rebase -i.Thought I could get rid of that as well.

Thanks for the answer.

Dan Winkler March 18, 2013

We use rebase a ton to rewrite history (on local branches only of course) before merging into the development branch. I'm guessing that this is a highly sought after feature for any serious git user. Please think about including it in a future release! BTW, this is the best git client for the mac by a long shot

0 votes
Ido Ran April 18, 2012

Hi, I'm mostly using git on Windows using gitextensions tool and they take a simple approuch to rebase. They allow you to point to the branch on which you want to rebase and if you choose interactive they simply open text editor when you need to make the input. It's simple, it's working and it's great. Hope to see your solution soon. Ido.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events