Installer says .NET Framework 4.5 is required, and finds Version 4.0.30319 - but 4.5 is installed

Thomas Wahrlich September 2, 2015

Hello all,

as stated above, the SourceTree installer cannot find the installed .NET framework in the correct version. This is incredibly irksome, as I don't know what to do about this. As I'm in a corporate environment, I can't simply un- and reinstall the .NET framework (and IT support won't do it either), and even then, I'm not sure it would even help.

An older version of the framework is found on the computer. Any pointers?

2 answers

0 votes
Max Blackmer April 12, 2016

As noted above in the main question I have Windows 7 Enterprise.  I performed a repair on Microsoft .NET 4.5.1 and then rebooted the system. After doing the repair I was able to install Sourcetree 1.8.3.  The problem is with most corporate environments do not allow this and must put a request into ITSM to get this done for them and install Sourcetree updates. 

The problem may be that the .NET 4 Extended was installed after 4.5.1 was installed and confused the installer. running a repair on 4.5.1 and a reboot appears to fix the problem with the installer. 

0 votes
Max Blackmer April 12, 2016

I noticed this happening in the installer for 1.8.3 of Sourcetree for Windows 7 Enterprise.

Microsoft .NET Frameworks installed:

• Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1

Even when the Installer executes the installer for .NET 4.5 successfully it fails to recognize the freshly installed 4.5.1.  The installer refuses to install and it is present on the system. The installer fails to recognize that in fact .NET 4.5.1 is installed and can not be overridden or continue to install Sourcetree.   

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events