Inconsistent toolbar icons

In the main toolbar, some of he icons have text below them, (Clone/Commit/Push/Pull), but the others do not (Branch/merge/??), and there is no tool tip when I hover over them.  Am I missing something?  Should this be filed as a bug/feature?

Sourcetree 1.9.6.1

4 answers

1 accepted

Sounds like a bug. This is my 1.9.6.1 toolbar:

image2016-9-14 13:52:8.png

I saw the same issue in my installation. After Updating to 1.9.7.1 the labels re-appeared.

I closed and reopened the application and the text appeared. Thanks, all, for the input.

SourceTree_ToolbarIconsWithoutNamesOrToolTips_ToolbarOnly_20161119.jpg

(Please don't think that I am criticizing this spectacularly wonderful piece of free software, which saves time, sanity, and lives every day.)

I have the same problem here, and it has been happening for months.  Toolbar icon names rarely appear.  Restarting the app almost never fixes the problem.  I'm running 1.9.6.1 (which btw is the version offered for Windows on the sourcetreeapp.com page as of ten minutes ago).  There is a 1.9.6.2, but its release notes don't mention this problem.  Same behavior on two different machines, both Windows 10. 

Tool tips would be a nice backup strategy here.  Thankfully, I can find all the operations in the menus. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

273 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot