Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent toolbar icons

Eric Lindstrom September 14, 2016

In the main toolbar, some of he icons have text below them, (Clone/Commit/Push/Pull), but the others do not (Branch/merge/??), and there is no tool tip when I hover over them.  Am I missing something?  Should this be filed as a bug/feature?

Sourcetree 1.9.6.1

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2016

Sounds like a bug. This is my 1.9.6.1 toolbar:

image2016-9-14 13:52:8.png

0 votes
Richard Landau November 19, 2016

SourceTree_ToolbarIconsWithoutNamesOrToolTips_ToolbarOnly_20161119.jpg

(Please don't think that I am criticizing this spectacularly wonderful piece of free software, which saves time, sanity, and lives every day.)

I have the same problem here, and it has been happening for months.  Toolbar icon names rarely appear.  Restarting the app almost never fixes the problem.  I'm running 1.9.6.1 (which btw is the version offered for Windows on the sourcetreeapp.com page as of ten minutes ago).  There is a 1.9.6.2, but its release notes don't mention this problem.  Same behavior on two different machines, both Windows 10. 

Tool tips would be a nice backup strategy here.  Thankfully, I can find all the operations in the menus. 

0 votes
Eric Lindstrom September 14, 2016

I closed and reopened the application and the text appeared. Thanks, all, for the input.

0 votes
Ralf Heese September 14, 2016

I saw the same issue in my installation. After Updating to 1.9.7.1 the labels re-appeared.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events