Incomplete Cloning

KevinWMatthews June 12, 2013

Hello!

I'm cloning a Red Suite 5 project from a remote repository into my local workspace. This works fairly well except that SourceTree doesn't copy any of the .project or .launch files that are in the root folder of the project. Is there a way to force SourceTree to copy all of the files in the folder?

It most other necessary files but seems to skip over a few extension. How can I customize what it copies?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KevinWMatthews June 12, 2013

Ah, I see. I believe that is true. I looked at my gitignore file and found that .project and .launch files are both included in this list. For good reason, too; it'd get quite annoying to track these files. I think I'll just copy these few files manually.

Thank you for your help! Your answer saved me quite a bit of time.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

SourceTree just uses 'git clone' (or 'hg clone') and doesn't pick what files to check out at the end, it does all of them. If some are missing it suggests that they aren't actually added to the repository you're cloning from.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events