In SourceTree, can I have the rebase checkbox checked by default?

We use fetch and rebase rather than push and pull. Obviously I can do this by checking the rebasecheck box. I would like for this checkbox to be checked by default and I could uncheck it in the event that I do not wish to rebase. Is there someplace I can make this the default?

2 answers

1 accepted

Open the Preferences dialog, go to the Git tab, and tick "Use rebase instead of merge by default for tracked branches"

Thanks, that is just what I wanted.

Could you please change the German translation for this feature in the preferences so that one can find it without looking it up on this forum?!?

My suggestion would be to use the Git terminology for the German translation instead of introducing 'unknown' German vocabulary smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

274 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot