It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

If I Click on Branch should I see a branch in the graph?

Hi all, Fairly new to the git experience, but I am a bit confuzed .. if I click branch and create a branch and make changes and commit them and push them then merge them back to the master why does the graph section not show the branches and merges when I have Show All branches selected.. am I missing something very basic?

Cheers

2 answers

0 votes
Manju Atlassian Team May 22, 2018

Can you please add a screenshot to help us understand your problem better?

minnsey Atlassian Team May 24, 2018

Hi

If you create one branch from master then makes some commits to your new branch and if master is not moving (no more commits) and you  do not create a second branch from master then your Git history is linear. You will only see branches in the graph if you have, for want of a better word, parallel commits, e.g. you make 2 branches from master at the same point and then make a commit onto each branch.

Sorry that might not be the greatest explanation., but I hope it makes sense.

Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,902 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you