Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I mesed up installing Sourcetree

Hannah Person March 21, 2018

I got a new computer so I just installed Sourcetree on it. It had a little setup pop-up and I clicked skip because I thought it would only skip that tab of the setup (since I don't remember how I set it up originally; all I have written down is what the path and host root URL are supposed to be) but it skipped the whole setup. Then it said it couldn't find git so  I chose install an embedded version that only Sourcetree can use because I didn't really know what it meant but I had to choose something. Then the same for when it couldn't find mercurial.

So now when I go to new/clone repository, it tries to clone the repository from my bitbucket but it gives me this warning "warning: templates not found C:\Users\mudno\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\share\git-core\templates"

And it's loading like it's in the process of cloning but I don't think it's actually going to finish.

I uninstalled Sourcetree and reinstalled it but it skipped the setup pop-up entirely so I'm still stuck in the same place.

I just want to be able to use Sourcetree to access my repository. How do I fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2018

Hi Hannah,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you want to do a clean uninstall of Sourcetree and start over, here are the instructions on how to wipe your Sourcetree preferences. Once that is done, just delete C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SourceTree and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp and then reinstall Sourcetree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events