cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Sourcetree
  • Questions
  • I keep getting this message “SourceTree” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “SourceTree” and download it again from the App Store.

I keep getting this message “SourceTree” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “SourceTree” and download it again from the App Store.

Juan C Moreno February 3, 2013

I keep getting that message, I have removed ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree and /Applications/SourceTree.app and reinstralled and still get that message.

What should I do?

Thanks

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

Hi Juan,

This is usually caused by the SourceTree.app being modified. I've just tested this myself direct from the App Store and it worked fine. Do note that we no longer publish updates to the App Store (this happened very recently) due to sandbox restrictions so it's better to get it direct from sourcetreeapp.com. Perhaps try the direct download first, and if that doesn't work if you could answer the following:

• Which browser did you use to download it?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Which version of SourceTree was it?

Many thanks

Tennn November 28, 2019

AFt32uHpAR.png

0 votes
Joel Ballesteros February 24, 2016

It's 2016 and this issue is still not resolved.. I was using Sourcetree just fine yesterday and now it's damaged or incomplete...

0 votes
Lionel Pidéry December 2, 2015

same issue for the second time. intall again fix it

0 votes
seybsen November 26, 2015

Yes, same here. Replacing the ~/Applications/SourceTree.app with a fresh one fixes it for me. But ... I've done this already two times in a single week.

0 votes
zapzarap November 15, 2015

Same situation. Atlassian, please fix Sourcetree!

0 votes
Sander Soots November 13, 2015

It works perfectly fine eveywhere but your global applications directory. (Works when I copy the app to ~/Desktop or ~/Applications, but getting the same "is damaged and can't be opened, when I try to open it from /Applications). Fix it maybe?

0 votes
Rob Newman July 6, 2014

I am getting this error now as well.. I've not done anything to modify the .app file. I have been using it daily for some time, and went to open this morning and got the message

Tennn November 28, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events