Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have tried to push some large files and now want to cancel, how can I delete or remove these from the Push?

Clay Goldberg May 20, 2016

In Sourcetree, I committed some large video files to push and the push never completed.  I'm trying to now stop the push and clear out my commit but don't know how to accomplish this.  Please advise.

2 answers

0 votes
Clay Goldberg June 21, 2016

I continue to try and remove some committed large video files but have had no luck.  I cannot push other items as the video files remain in the merge branch 'master'.  How can I remove these?

0 votes
QwazyWabbit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2016

If the video files are discardable or backed up elsewhere, do a Repository Checkout at the HEAD and it will discard your commit and put your working copy in sync with the head.

If you want to save the files for a later push, Stash them and this will save them for a later commit and push.

This seems to be the most straightforward way to back out of a commit/push problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events