Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have installed sourcetree v2.4.7.0 on windows 10 and it keeps asking me username password

Rajnish Jha February 6, 2018

Version.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Hello! Could you give me more details? When Sourcetree keeps prompting for a password it's usually due to an account that has incorrect credentials.

• Which accounts you've added to Sourcetree
  • Are you using SSH or HTTPS?

If Sourcetree keeps prompting for a password, you can try removing the account (Options -> Accounts), and then try re-adding the account but make sure you use the OAuth option.

Thanks!

Rajnish Jha February 6, 2018

Hi Mike,

Thanks for replying.

• I have added two accounts in my sourcetree one is professional and other one is personal bitbucket account. Accounts.PNG
  • I am using SSL protocol, please see below.protocol.PNG
  • Attaching more screenshot for better understanding of issue.More Info.PNG
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2018

Interesting. So that dialog that you're seeing is coming from the Git Credential Manager -- it means that some credentials that Git is trying to use is incorrect. Could you try the following?

• Open the accounts screen
  • Click "edit" on the second account
  • Enter your password for that account

If that doesn't work, you can also try just removing the "bitbucket.org" account under "Git Saved Passwords"

Rajnish Jha February 8, 2018

I have tried what you said but still issue is same.

1. I removed all accounts from sourcetree using windows Credential Manager.

1.PNG

2. Added one of my bitbucket accounts using OAuth but still login page prompts in every 5 secs.

3.PNG

One more question for one Account using OAuth how many entries it does in windows credential manager. As of now I can see 6 entries are there.

4.png

4.png 

Rajnish Jha February 8, 2018

When I try to add another account it is showing Edit Hosting Account is it intentional or it updates my old account's information (bit confusing, if it is adding new account then it should be Add Hosting Accoint)? 

1.PNG

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2018

Yep, that's just a typo. Just to clarify, even after removing all the git entries in Windows Credential Manager does it still prompt for a password?

Rajnish Jha February 9, 2018

Yes, it is still asking for password. Any specific reason why it is happening like this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events