I have a remote repository in bitbucket and a local, but I cannot get them connected. Do I need SSH?

kwilhoit22 August 23, 2017

I can log into the bitbucket, and I can see the remote in SourceTree. But I cannot commit. 

I have tried adding SSH but following the instructions don't change anything. 

Should I delete the remote and re-add with the key? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2017

Do you get an error message when trying to commit? Are you also pushing when committing? If you get an authentication failure error you should have a look at this thread, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/SourceTree-2-1-10-0-Authentication-Issues/qaq-p/623202

kwilhoit22 August 23, 2017

I have tried to upload the SSH public key to bitbucket that was generated in the Putty in SourceTree but I get an error that says its an invalid key. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2017

Did you copy the key string directly from PuTTY Key Generator or from the saved file? If you copied it from the file, have you tried loading the key in PuTTY and copy it from there?

kwilhoit22 August 24, 2017

Thank you!I was copying from the text file and when I did it from putty it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events