I have 2-step authentication enabled. How to login to SourceTree app on Mac?

codingonsteroid February 3, 2016

I have also tried to create a team on Bitbucket for getting the API keys, hoping if could login via team in SourceTree. Following this post: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SOURCETREEKB/Two-Factor+Authentication+(2FA)+with+GitHub+in+SourceTree

But then I didn't found an option to generate API keys in my team portal. Please help, me mainly Bitbucket for my personnel work

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2016

You're running into one of the known limitations of 2FA and SourceTree at the moment. Currently, SourceTree will use SSH to do most everything with Bitbucket except build a list of repositories. There is an open feature request here to allow application specific passwords, this would allow SourceTree to use that set of credentials and get the list of repositories. Until then, you'll need to manually add the repositories into SourceTree as it's not possible to authenticate with SourceTree to Bitbucket once 2FA is turned on.

This is explained in a bit more detail on the Two-step verification documentation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events