I couldn't pull from repository once I commit, I got an error

sreekanth dabbeeru September 9, 2016

when I use sourcetree , I could't pull code form github once I commit  , I got an error like , Is it mandatory to fetch every time before commit? some times I forgot fetch , and commit my code, then I couldn't able either push to repository or pull from repository.

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch origin
From https://github.com/spinscidev/SprintPOC
9af6710..4a7f738 master -> origin/master

git.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2016

This is going to happen often if you are part of a development team.

You cannot pull if you have uncommitted changes. This is to protect you from a scenario where changes someone else made to the remote would overwrite changes that you have made but not committed.

The appropriate resolution is to commit or stash any modified files in your repository, then pull. If you have un-pushed commits, git will merge the pulled commits with your commits (you may need to resolve conflicts). If you stash any changes, you can re-apply the stash after the pull is complete (again, there may be conflicts). After you have completed the pull and made sure all your changes are committed, you should be able to push.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events