Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start completely blank

Ivica Pesovski June 14, 2017

I am trying to re-intsall Source Tree in which I currently have 2 accounts and 3 repos. It's bugging me because of the 2 accounts and making me headaches so I decided to use only one. Because I wasn't able to delete the second account no matter how many times I hit on delete I decided to uninstall Source Tree and install it all over again.

I did it and I even uninstalled git from my PC. However, after installing Source Tree again it automatically fetched the 2 accounts and 3 repos i had previously. It's hilarious, it is as I haven't removed it from my PC at all. I even removed the 3 projects from Source Tree, but after reinstallation they were there again.

So, my question is: I want to start completely blank. I want it to ask me for username and password and I want to setup repos from scratch. How do I do that? 

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

Hi Ivica! For a clean install you can follow the steps:

1. Uninstall SourceTree 
  2. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with next step
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete SourceTree & SourceTree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all SourceTree Files/Folder.
  3. Reboot your computer to make sure the uninstall was complete.
  4. Download and install SourceTree.

Did this work for you?

Regards,

Ana

Ivica Pesovski June 14, 2017

Yeap, that's it. Thank you!

I bellieve this should be done automatically when uninstalling Source Tree.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

Glad I could help! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events