It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to stage files easily with 1.9.6.1

Chris McBride Aug 22, 2016

I recently upgraded to 1.9.6.1. And it doesn't seem like there is a simple way to stage files.

I used to be able to drag files from unstage to stage. OR I could click on the check box next to the file.

I can no longer do either. It seems like the only thing I can do is click the buttons "stage all" or "stage selected"

This means I now have to select the file then click the "stage selected" button. Or selected multiple using ctrl-click then "stage selected" But both of these mechanisms require more clicks (and thus more work) than before. This seems to be a step backwards. 

1 answer

0 votes
Rodney Aug 24, 2016

I use the space bar to quickly stage files.  

Use Ctrl-click to multi-select then instead of clicking Stage Selected, just hit space bar.  

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Sourcetree

[dev team] Sourcetree for Windows 2019 Preview - Dark Theme

Hi folks, While the full post is over on our blog I'd like to share the dark theme we've got planned for 2019 here directly as well to keep the discussion going.  The ...

1,922 views 14 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you