It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to sort git tags in SourceTree sidebar? Edited

This has been an issue from day one (years ago). I am rather surprised it is still around.

I have searched and searched and by all indications this appears to have been fixed, that is issues/tickets closed on the matter.

However, when searching through preferences and other option menus in SourceTree I can not find a solution through the UI.

I have even changed my local git global config tag.sort option using:

git config --global tag.sort -version:refname

I thought SourceTree would be using this setting, but it does not.

How can I resolve this, please?

SourceTree 2.7.1 (159)

Embedded Git 2.15.1 (I have also tried with system git 2.14.2)

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin Atlassian Team Mar 29, 2018

Hi Dimas,

Sourcetree does not currently support reading this setting from a Git config or have its own mechanism for changing the way tags are sorted currently. Please vote and/or comment on this ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-2845

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Thank you for the reply and link to the issue, I will vote and keep an eye on it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,999 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you