How to select files and sort files at the working copy

MinKu_Yeo January 24, 2016

ttt.png

Hi, I'm a beginner using SourceTree.

I have two questions.

1) Like the picture above, I selected multiple files (suppose 20 files) at the directory.

How can I upload those selected 20 files at the staging area, by not clicking the checkbox 20 times?

2) My directory is mixed up with files.

For instance, this directory has .md, .png, .h, and .c files in it.

However, I want to see or sort only the .h and .c files at the unstaged files sections.

How can I do it?

• Best Regards~

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

1) If you go into "split view staging" mode, you can select multiple files (control-click or command-click or shift-click) and drag them to the staged area.

Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 9.33.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 9.34.05 AM.png

2) If you'll never want to see the other extensions (and they haven't been added to the repo), you can add them to your .gitignore list (or right-click in SourceTree and select "ignore" which will do that for you).  

You could filter a list temporarily using the search functionality (upper right) - but I don't see a way to search for two patterns at the same time

MinKu_Yeo January 25, 2016

Thanks for your answer.

I use SourceTree 1.7.0.32509 at Windows 10 (32 bit) with Git 2.7.0.

The ignore part was fine.

After changing to split view staging, however, I selected a folder that has .c and .h files and

it shown an error. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the error.

I thought it wasn't a big deal so I just closed the error message.

After closing and rerunning SorceTree, it became frozen (grey window showing not responding).

I removed SorceTree and installed it again, but it kept freezes.

This is kind of out of topic from my original question but can you give me some help?

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2016

I'm afraid I don't have any insight into that one.  You can try reposting it here as a new question to get more eyes on it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events