Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search through commits?

Martijn Saly May 4, 2014

It must be possible to search through commits in sourcetree. I'm just trying to search in the commit messages, but searching for changed filenames would be cool to.

I can't find out how to do this...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pat Macpherson June 16, 2014

To search through the commit messages, go to the "Search" tab (at the bottom of the page). This brings up the search view, with a search bar at top.

You can search on "Commit Messages", "File Changes" or "Authors".

Martijn Saly June 16, 2014

Excellent! I must say I've never noticed those tabs...I guess I sort of knew they were there, but I never gave them any thought. To search, I normally try Ctrl+F or F3, and if that doesn't do anything, I start looking through the Edit menus, and then other menus if I still can't find it.

So I do like to make a friendly suggestion: Ctrl+F to activate the Search tab and focus the search field. And an entry in the Edit menu.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

Add a feature request at jira.atlassian.com

Pat Macpherson June 17, 2014

Martin - I didn't notice them either! Like you, I checked the menu, and also various right-click context menus. It is already in the menu under "View".

I've created a feature request-

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-1788

0 votes
suresh chittibabu August 30, 2018

Go to the search menu located on the left side of Sourcetree panel. Then enter the search key and filter based on the  user , commit etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events