Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove all traces of SourceTree

nik_rimington November 21, 2016

Hi,

I'm having a MAJOR issue with sourcetree in that it cannot connect to any repository at all. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. I've tried deleting the entries in appdata and programdata however when I re-install the error still exists.

How can I removal all traces of the software to effectively have a completely clean install? 

Symptoms of issues:

Click add repository, choose clone, enter url to repository.

Instead of getting prompted for a username/password I just get a "invalid url" type message and when I click the details it is a 403 error. However it never allows to to put in a username/password. Even adding it in manually in the accounts section doesn't work.

Using the same repository on another machine works with no issues, so I simply want to remove all traces and start again to see if it resolves the issue. 

Thanks,

Nik

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

Not sure, how to do a complete uninstall. I've seen others ask a similar question in an attempt to get the "connect to Bitbucket/Github" wizard to run again. There's probably some registry values that would need deleted.

In regards to the 403, you might try different protocols (https vs ssh) as they handle authentication differently. You might need the username to be specified in the URL (...://username@example.com) or for authentication to be handle with a keypair and an ssh key agent.

nik_rimington November 21, 2016

Hi Seth, 

I did wonder about that, but when I used exactly the same url on another machine (set up in the same way) it all worked as I would have expected. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events