Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make SourceTree work with the latest Git for Windows?

Lars Schneider September 1, 2015

I am running SourceTree 1.6.20.0 on Windows. If I use the embedded Git (1.9.5) everything works fine. If I install the latest Git (2.5.1, Git-2.5.1-64-bit.exe) then the SourceTree "Terminal" does not work anymore. If I enter "git" then the shell returns "sh: git: command not found".

I confirmed this behavior on two separate machines. One running Windows 8.1 and one running Windows 7.

I need Git 2.5.1 - How can I make it work in SourceTree?

2 answers

0 votes
Chamur Sylvan September 4, 2015

It will be better if they add support for set own terminal app or update for using with git 2.5.1.

I want use suggested (default) mintty terminal in Git 2.5.1 for windows. It is better.

So now it is not possible and my workflow has problem with that.

And no, custom action is not sollution.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2015

That's a valid opinion, but doesn't answer the question. If you want to convince Atlassian to make a modification to SourceTree, you should file a request at jira.atlassian.com

Chamur Sylvan September 4, 2015
0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2015

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events