Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to login to sourcetree/atlassian with okta?

Chris Pearce August 2, 2018

Sourcetree is now forcing  a login to atlassian however we use jira/confluence etc. via an okta integration.

How can I login to sourcetree?

4 answers

0 votes
Mohammad Miryani October 1, 2019

You can use this https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/app-passwords-828781300.html to create an app password for source tree. My users had had the issue and we bypassed it by creating app password. In fact, not every single app supports OKTA's sso. 

Dan Violet Sagmiller October 1, 2019

I used this, but for some reason, every week(ish) the app passwords are changed, and source tree loses access again, and I have to generate another pass key.  (trying the SSH key next)

0 votes
Atul Khatri October 9, 2018

We are facing similar problem. It just shows the repositories when I add a bitbucket account to SourceTree via Okta credentials.

Atul Khatri June 4, 2019

Any update on this??

Atul Khatri October 1, 2019

Finally I started using SSH method to login to sourcetree. Quite frustrating to see such issue exists.

I agree.  Though I am starting to see this as a SourceTree Issue.  I.e. Sourcetree should support Okta, and if it did, that should alleviate the issue here. Or at least that would point the issue back at Atlassian, if their API's don't support 3rd party Okta logins.  (but I assume they do)

0 votes
Mohammad Miryani September 19, 2018

The same issue here! I created an App Password but no success yet. Any advice? 

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2018

Hi Chris, welcome to the Community :) 

As you said, you need to have an Atlassian account to register Sourcetree upon installation. If you have a Bitbucket account, that means you already have an Atlassian account (they share the same credentials). If you don't you can create your Atlassian account via My Atlassian.

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Ana

Chris Pearce August 4, 2018

I can only access our atlassian products from our okta login. Ie. I log into okta, and then I can go to jira/confluence. However sourcetree is not an okta application I can access so how do I access sourcetree when I can only login to my atlassian account with okta?

Like # people like this

Anyone find a solution yet?

Atul Khatri October 1, 2019

Unfortunately Atlassian is not interested in fixing this issue. Did you try logging in through SSH key? I did the same and it works perfectly fine.

I have not.  I used atlassian to generate a new password, specifically for Sourcetree options, but it seems Okta forces a refresh every week (ish) which invalidates the stored passwords.  I will try the SSH Key next.

- Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events