Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to intergate P4Merge with Sourcetree under Windows?

Deleted user July 18, 2013

I installed P4Merge and set is as default merge tool. Now this works from git bash - but not from SourceTree. Here just nothing noticeable happens if I click "Launch external merge tool" - although I set it also in the Sourcetree options....

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user July 25, 2013

P4Merge-Location: c:\Program Files\Perforce\

My config had these values:

[difftool "sourcetree"]
cmd = 'C:/Program Files/Perforce/p4merge.exe' \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\"
[mergetool "sourcetree"]
cmd = 'c:/Program Files/TortoiseSVN/bin/TortoiseMerge.exe' /mine $LOCAL /theirs $REMOTE /base $BASE
trustExitCode = true
cmd = 'C:/Program
cmd = 'c:/Program

I removed those and now when I select P4Merge everything is fine (although slow).

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

I use P4Merge as both my diff and merge tool in SourceTree and select 'P4Merge' as the option in both drop-downs. 'System Default' basically uses whatever manual configuration you've created for the default difftool in your .gitconfig, whilst other items in the list add additional difftools called 'sourcetreediff' with generated configuration. Both ways work for me here, if you'd like us to investigate more please supply more details about the location of your P4Merge and post the contents of your .gitconfig.

0 votes
Deleted user July 18, 2013

It seems that in this case you have to choose "System default". Then P4Merge is opened correctly (although slow)...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events