Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install sourcetree when installer is stuck in never ending loop

Rob Harkiss February 23, 2016

Before I start I would like to say I think sourcetree is a great application. I have just been having a few teething issues with source tree 1.8...

I have just downloaded the latest version of source tree in an attempt to get a version that has less bugs than the one I was using (I recently upgraded from 1.7 to 1.8.x). The install screen asks my to use an existing account or to Go to My Atlassian. I click to login using google, after putting in my login I get a page cannot be displayed error in the login window and it opens a link in chrome (my default browser) which gets a 403 error. Clicking go to my Atlassian button just takes me to my Atlassaian page and shows me my sourcetree licence and I can't do much from there.

So what do I do? I can't log in, I cant licence sourcetree and closing the installer and opening my old link to source tree just brings up the installer again. So basically I am completely stuck and unable to use SourceTree. I hope you can understand that I am seriously regretting upgrading to 1.8 as it has given me nothing but grief for very little (as far as I can see so far) additional functionality. I am not interested in a response, I just want a working source tree. Please change your installer to either work or allow the user to skip this step and licence the product after the install has completed. As you can probably gather, I find the current installer extremely frustrating.

Thanks again for supplying a great product!

4 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2016

You might try this solution for installing a license offline: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/37039953

0 votes
Mark Lyon March 17, 2016

Mostly same issue, IE behind firewall. Just downloaded today.  Tried editing sourcetree.exe.config and copying license file, but no joy.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Rob, what specific SourceTree version are you having the error on (more specific than 1.8.x)?

0 votes
geho February 23, 2016

I'm having the same issue after upgrading to version 2.2 on Mac OS X

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events