Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Sourcetree command line on Windows

Tinus Riyanto August 26, 2017

Does anyone know how I can install Sourcetree command line in a Windows machine ? I am using version 2.1.x and unlike the mac version there is no menu to install the command line tools.

Is this something that is taken out in version 2 or something that has been installed by default ?

I have tried calling sourcetree.exe from windows command prompt but windows is then telling me that sourcetree has stopped working. Calling stree like in Mac gave an unrecognized program error. Therefore I am assumming that Command Line tools is not something that is installed by default.

1 answer

0 votes
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2017

Hi TInus,

By default, this is part of GIT, or HG.  As long as you have GIT, or HG installed, then you just have to click Actions >> Open in terminal, and we will launch either the isntalled GIT terminal, or HG terminal.

Cheers,
Gary

Tinus Riyanto August 29, 2017

Hi Gary

Thanks for the clarification. However this means that the current implementation for command line is useless for me since I wanted to be able to run sourcetree from a command line window.

In Mac after installng sourcetree command line I am able to open terminal and type in stree -f<folder path>. This will invoke SourceTree and automatically prompt me with the Create Repository dialog. My team need to be able to do something similar in their windows workstation.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events