Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Source Tree in a server with Proxy

gabrielagrisel August 25, 2017

We need to install Source Tree in a server but it seems the application is trying to access the Internet to register with the company.  The issue I see is that we use an Internet “PROXY” here at the company and the application does not seem to be Proxy aware.

Could you please advise how to procced?

thank you.

2 answers

0 votes

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2017

As Sourcetree is a client application intended to be used by people interactively, this sounds like a very odd requirement. 

However, it's just using whatever network connection you've got on the machine it is on, so a proxy should be invisible to it, as it's a client.

Yes, it should be invisible but I got the message:

Error in remote Server:(407) A proxy authentication is needed.

I have this same error in a server with Internet access and in my computer with Internet access too.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2017

You'll need to log into the proxy.  Sourcetree as a client application does not need to be aware of the proxy, the operating system should be handling it.

I don't get why you're doing this on a server either.

gabrielagrisel August 30, 2017

ok so, if we don´t have internet access to do this installation, is imposible to do it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events