How to import license file for SourceTree on Mac OS X?

Andreas Schuh January 3, 2012

I downloaded the trial of SourceTree and as well as a sourcetree.license.xml file after registration. However, the dialog used to import the license file does not allow me to select the downloaded file. Also changing the extension to .plist or .license does not help.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Schuh January 18, 2012

I had the same problem as Jakub and the app would not allow me to select any license file which I downloaded from Atlassian. However, Colin's suggestion to install it via the AppStore worked just fine.

(Adding this answer so I can close this ticket...)

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2012

FYI we found a bug in the my.atlassian.com download route if the 'licensed to' name included a non-ASCII (e.g. accented) character. This has been fixed now.

Also 1.3.1 will allow the import of .xml files too, in case your browser renames it from .license based on the content type.

1 vote
Nelson Nelson January 20, 2014

Hi I am also getting problem importing the license file. Even after I renamed the license file to .license in OSX Maverick, the SourceTree gives another error saying my file is invalid. I looked closer and found that I cannot download my license from the "Download your SourceTree license. " link. Hitting the link always returns page not found. Any reasons why?

Alexey Savartsov January 20, 2014

Same problem, "Download your SourceTree license" link downloads html file named "sourcetree.license.html" with title "Page Not Found"

0 votes
Jakub Rożek January 3, 2012

I don't want to start new topic, so I would use this one.

I tried to import license by using an option and drag & drop but when I did it, I get this: 'The file specified is not a valid SourceTree license file. Please pick a valid license'. What should I do with that?

I'm using mac os and this is '.license' file.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2012

Please raise a support request at https://support.atlassian.com attaching the license file, you shouldn't get this error. There may have been an error in your download or similar.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2012

For completeness: the 'import license' option should allow you to select a .license file (that should have been the default extension anyway). I just tested this here, and '.license' files were definitely selectable in the browsing dialog.

Alternatively, you can drag / drop the license into the registration dialog.

0 votes

Great. That makes it even easier... I just followed their instructions on the web page, which also stated it is free, but the trial still required the license file. Installed it now from the AppStore and works fine.

Thank you!

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2012

SourceTree is free now and available in the MacApp store isn't it?

0 votes

Note that I had a previous trial installed before and that the trial period is experied already. I open the import license dialog by clicking on the button on the notice that the trial is experied.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events