How to ignore remote branches

Pavel Kouřil July 16, 2014

Hello,

I would like to ask one thing -- how can one ignore some of the remote branches? I don't want to delete them, just ignore them for the Log/History view.

Unfortunately, my hosting which supports git deploy, has some weird setup where remote = domain and respective branches are subdomains, therefore having some of these branches in the view clutters it with totally unrelated project.

Is it even possible?
Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2014

Above the commit history, there is a "Show Remote Branches" checkbox. If you clear that, only local branches are displayed.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2014

There is no option to do that. You might want to try Git Extensions, it has a more sophisticated branch filter.

Pavel Kouřil July 16, 2014

Well, I need to ignore only specific branches from one remote, not all remote branches.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events