Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ignore a file from the preview?

Adrien November 12, 2017

Hi,

First, thanks very much for the work on SourceTree, I'm using it for years and love it.

Now, I think lot of developers work with lock files (for example, every users of npm or Yarn have that package.lock file!) and these are literally crashing ST as I guess it tries to do a diff of them which slow down the app massively and makes it almost unusable.

Of course these files have to be tracked as it's their purpose. So I can't just .gitignore them.

Is it possible to tell to ST to not preview them?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 2.19.01 PM.png

Check out the Ignore File Patterns option in Diff settings. 

Adrien November 20, 2017

Hi Brian,

It's working fine thank you! However I noticed this filter is not applied on the stashes. So when you click on your stash, if it contains a big file, you're ending up with ST freezing as well.

Joshua Barker December 2, 2018

This is not working for me... I added package-lock.json to the Ignore File Patterns field and restarted the app, but when I select the package-lock.json file in either staged or un-staged files, it still displays in the diff-compare / preview window...

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 2.57.58 PM.png

Sebastian Brink May 16, 2019

Have a look here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-6205

It appears the spec for "Ignore File Patterns" has changed. Now you have to explicitly specify wildcards, e.g. `*package-lock.json` instead of `package-lock.json`.

Like Rathan Kumar likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events