How to git clone local LFS enabled repo within SourceTree ?

GEORGE L July 14, 2016

I am testing out Git LFS and have a test local Git repo which was setup with Git LFS. Then I tried to use SourceTree to git clone the local Git LFS enabled repo to a new local Git repo but it failed to clone. I suspect it's because the destination local Git repo hasn't got Git LFS installed ?

So how does one locally clone local Git LFS enabled repos ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

You have to specifically enable git-lfs for the repo in BitBucket.org.

Go the the repos Settings->General->Git LFS then click on the "Start using Git LFS".

Inderdeep Singh February 2, 2017

Hi @Rodney

I have the same issue. The steps you have mention are not working because there is only a screen is coming: ( check attached screenshots )

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 2.53.57 PM.png

Jarrod [Administrator] February 6, 2017

I am having a very similar issue and have yet to find a solution. I created a test repository, initialized LFS, and added the large file types I want to track (in my case, *.umap and *.uasset). All seems will with that repository.

Cloning that repository fails...Select "Clone/New", enter source and destination path info in the "Clone Repository" dialog, then select "Clone". SourceTree does some work cloning all non-LFS files (I assume). Then I am presented with a dialog titled "Run 'git lfs pull' now?". The text of that dialog is:

"The repository <my cloned repo's name> is using Git LFS but it appears the binary file content hasn't been downloaded yet. Do you want to download the LFS files required by your current checkout?"

I answer "Yes", then I see the "Downloading Git LFS file content" status dialog. Problem is, it never finishes, the progress dialog never goes away.

Help!

Thanks,
Jarrod 

alfiolocastro May 17, 2017

Same here on a MacBookPro, it shows "Downloading Git LFS file content" forever.
On the other hand, on the same repo it works as expected on a Win10 laptop.
Has anyone found a workaround?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events