How to get sourcetree to ignore branches

Damo October 16, 2012

So I am finished using the branch "automationtests" for now. I don't want to delete the branch on the git repo. How do I get tell SoureTree that I don't want it to be in its push list anymore?

Thanks,

Damien

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

The default branch pushing mode is 'Matching' which means if there's a branch named the same thing on the remote, it will be checked by default.

You can change this in Preferences > Git > Push branches; the meanings are the same as the gitconfig option:

1. matching (default) - push all branches which have a matching branch name on the selected remote
  2. current - push the current branch to a branch of the same name on the remote
  3. upstream - push the current branch to its tracking branch on the remote
  4. nothing - push nothing by default
Damo October 16, 2012

Thanks Steve

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Another option is to delete the branch of course (on either end), but I was assuming you didn't want to do that.

alex351 December 6, 2018

Where is `Preferences > Git > Push branches`

There is no Preferences menu. Only: Tools > Options.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events