Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get revert file back

Thirumal k April 26, 2016

I have created a new branch and accidentally revert a file, i don't have any backup, my changes are in that file, please tell me how to get that changes back.

thanks in advance.

4 answers

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2016

If you never committed the changes, then SourceTree / git aren't going to be able to help you.  You'd have to try to use an operating system level solution, as Seth has suggested.  SourceTree shouldn't have let you revert a file and override uncommitted changes, though, at least not without an additional dialog box warning you of what you were about to do.

0 votes

no i did not commit my changes.

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2016

Did you ever commit the version of the file you are trying to restore?

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2016

See if your OS has stored the changes. Both Mac and Windows have features that will sometimes store previous versions of files.

No, i have tried to undo (ctrl+z) file. i did not get code. Is there any option to get back code...?

thanks for your reply..

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2016

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events