Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get "Use global user settings" to stick?

Akira Youngblood December 11, 2017

By default, Sourcetree has populated the user information (under Repository Settings > Advanced > User Information) with the name and email address associated with the Atlassian account I used to register Sourcetree. However, I wish to override these with the global user settings (as shown under Options > General > Default user information).

Conveniently, there is a checkbox ("Use global user settings") for this. However, this checkbox does not seem to have any effect: after checking the checkbox, selecting "OK", and re-opening the Repository Settings window shows the box unchecked.

Is this is a known bug? Is there an established workaround? Am I not understanding how checkboxes work?

Edit: Furthermore, altering the Full Name and Email address fields directly doesn't work. Any values entered under "User Information" appear to be immediately reverted after clicking "OK".

For reference, this is with Sourcetree for Windows version 2.3.5.0, on Win7.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2017

Hi

Unfortunately there is a bug with that setting, it is on our backlog.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events