How to force ST to use username from ssh config

Zbynek Vavros July 31, 2015

Hi,

since my PC username is different from my GIT username I have added this section into c:\users\myuser\.ssh\config

Host git
  HostName xxx.xxx.xx
  Port 22
  User mygituser

This works just fine with command line where I can simply "ssh xxx.xxx.xx", my key is used and I am logged in.

But in ST UI whenever I try to fetch/pull a dialog asking for username/password pops up.

I did started the Pageant and added the key but this seems more like ST does not use the ssh config.

Running on Windows 7 and SourceTree 1.6.17.0...

Thanks for any pointers,

Zbynek

PS : I know I can place the desired user directly into URL (myuser@xxx.xxx.xx/path/to/repo) but since I have quite a lot of them I would like to avoid this.

1 answer

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2015

Hi Zbynek, 

Did you try the "Authentication" tab under Tools>Options, you can modify information of saved users there.

Also, I've found this another answer which looks similar and might be useful.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/219220

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Zbynek Vavros August 2, 2015

Hey Renato,

thanks for taking the time to help me.

First off, the "Authentication" tab contains no records at all and since there are only "Edit" and "Delete" buttons I guess I can't add records myself.

Regarding the thread, they mention that ST may have it's own config - I haven't found any.

Also, I tried to switch between embedded and system GIT but no change sad

I guess these shouldn't really have any effect since this is more SSH configuration than GIT one.

Anyway, still not working as expected...

Zbynek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events