Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a tag and push

Michael Tibbott May 11, 2012

I have tried right clicking on the tag in the Tags sidebar and selecting Delete <tag name>. I also tried clicking on the Tag nav icon and then Remove Tag. In both cases the tag remains at origin/master. In the command line I would do git push origin :<tag name>.

Thanks,

Michael

3 answers

1 vote
Rod Barnes July 1, 2014

I encountered this today - 2014-07-01 (v1.9.4.1). But this article implies it was fixed in 2012? I also found that it isn't possible to push a tag when you are moving it. The move occurs locally but no one else can see the change; their tags remain in the previous location.

0 votes
Michael Tibbott May 13, 2012

Wow, thanks for the prompt response. I only stumbled on SourceTree recently but I think it is great. How can this be free? Thanks!

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2012

Yes, at the moment deleting a remote tag is not exposed, I'll try to get this one into the next update: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-431

Rod Barnes January 8, 2015

I added a comment back in July that this is still an issue. I've seen no response. Thought I'd try commenting on your "fix" comment. Maybe you'll see it. :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events