Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create patch in source tree

Sathis kumar N January 12, 2016

I am getting error pop up says Please select at least one file when creating patch though I selected files.  How to get rid of it .

8 answers

0 votes
mifayad December 5, 2016
0 votes
João_Fernandes November 23, 2016

Still no answer for this? 

0 votes
at-desarrollotic November 4, 2016

i'm waiting for this to be fixed since 1.7...

0 votes
John L_ Stanley September 28, 2016

Four months later, current update, and I'm having this same problem.  Is anyone reading these questions at Atlassian?  How hard can it be, in four months, to fix a problem this easy to reproduce?

0 votes
Nitin Jain May 26, 2016

I think SourceTree has knowingly added this bug so that people buy their produced.

As in earlier version this was difficult to use. But was a usable function.

And now they have made it impossible to use this at all.

I think it will be better if we find an alternative to this product.

0 votes
machinelevel May 6, 2016

Hi Ben, I've just given that a shot. I have just one file modified, and whether I stage it or not, I get the same error. There are some untracked (and not ignored) files, but only one tracked+changed.

If you have more detail on the perceived root cause, I'll be happy to experiment and help track it down. Thanks!

0 votes
Ben Edwards May 5, 2016

Bug seems to be around having both staged and unstaged files, stash everything you dont want in the patch then try again.

0 votes
machinelevel March 8, 2016

I'm seeing this as well, and have just tried updating to the latest version. I'm unable to create any patches at all in SourceTree, as it tells me "Please select at least one file."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events