Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new remote repo on Xcode Server using SourceTree?

Tommie N. Carter, Jr., MBA May 29, 2015

I cannot seem to create a new repo from my working machine onto a remote Xcode Server although the permissions seem fine. I can create a new repo on the server (outside of SourceTree) and then connect and use it within SourceTree. However the Xcode Server tools are less friendly about naming the repo and only allow me to name it to the project name.

SourceTree has more flexibility in naming so I'd prefer to use that tool however as noted I am having an issue creating the actual remote repo on the Xcode Server (it seems that only Bitbucket and Github are allowed from within the UI - No custom URI?).

Is there some way to totally manage my git workflow from within SourceTree? (including the initial remote repo creation).

My current Xcode server repos point to:

https://servername.local/git/reponame.git

I am using Xcode 6.3.2/6.4/5.11 on MacOSX 10.10.4

1 answer

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2015

SourceTree is a UI wrapper for Git. The only functionality I know of that SourceTree will provide that cannot be directly translated to a Git command is its "extended integration" feature set, which allows it to use the APIs of certain supported hosts. Currently, those hosts are Bitbucket, GitHub, and Stash (basically a self-hosted version of Bitbucket).

If Xcode Server provides an API for creating repositories (or running generic commands), you might be able to get some traction with a feature request. In the meantime, if you can't do it with git commands on your local machine, you can't do it with SourceTree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events