How to commit files marked as unchanged ?

Anthony Breneliere January 28, 2016

I have the following issue after having used another tool that did not push the modifications to the distant repository.

I cannot commit my work in a distant repostory. I do have a lot of files that are marked as unchanged in my local repo, but they are modified. The last version of my project  is in my local repository. There are also added/removed files in my local repository. I want to push all the modifications for the last month: how do I synchronize my local repository with the distant one ?

I would like to detect all changes in my local repository in order  to commit changes.

2 answers

0 votes
Anthony Breneliere January 28, 2016

Yes in my cases indeed I am a GIT beginner. Well the problem seems to have disappeared. When I previously cloned the distant respository I did not see my changes. Now it seems all changes have been pushed to the distant repository.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

I recommend reading through the Git book, it'll really help you understand what to expect from the different operations. https://git-scm.com/book

Focus on 1.1 - 1.3 and chapters 2 and 3.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

Sounds like you are a git beginner (welcome!). I'm not sure if you are using some of the terms accurately. Could you post a screenshot of your SourceTree log view so we can get a better idea of the current state of your repo? Feel free to obscure commit messages, usernames, etc, but leave branch names if you can.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events