Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clone in Sourcetree??

Klaus Waiss May 28, 2012

I can't figure out how to clone a project from git in sourcetree on Mac OS X Lion.

A simple terminal command like: git clone https://github.com/facebook/facebook-android-sdk/

Can't find a toolbar-Button or anything to clone in SourceTree, so I had to fall back to shitty terminal :-(

Is this so difficult to add basic commands that are visible to users to make life easier - a simple toolbar button to clone? Basic functionality...either missing or impossible to find... idk

Please help me if this functionality is in SourceTree and where to find it. Thank you :-)

regards

2 answers

1 vote
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2012

Two other options in addition to this:

1. You can drag & drop a URL from the browser either onto the dock icon, or into a specific location in the Bookmarks window.
  2. You can configure your GitHub account in SourceTree's Hosted Projects (View > Show Hosted Repositories) and pick any projects you own or follow on GitHub (or Bitbucket, Stash and Kiln).
1 vote
MikeL May 28, 2012

On the first occuring window ("Bookmarks") select the left most toolbar button. Or use Cmd+N (aka File > New).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events